As we are more and more connected to devices and social media, it perhaps should be no surprise that there has been a real increase in these devices being used, against people.
This type of abuse ranges from:
- Having tracking devices installed on phones, computers or cars so that you’re movement is being watched.
- Having CC Tv installed or secret cameras installed in your home.
- Having software and hardware installed, like a security system, which means you cannot leave or enter your own home.
- Also things like controlling the heating via a mobile App while you are in the home but you are not able to change it.
But it also touches on social media:
- Checking all of your posts, messages, and comments.
- Contacting your friends, family or employers on social media by setting up groups or fake profiles.
- Accessing your passwords, social media accounts, messages or email accounts.
- Being blackmailed or being threatened with having intimate details shared on social media or to groups of people.
- Revenge porn.
And of course our mobile phones:
- Being forced to install and switch on tracking software; such as Find My Phone or Share Your Location or Geolocation Apps?
- Not allowing you access to your mobile phone.
- Relentless texting, messaging and calling or leaving lots of voice recordings.
If you feel you are affected by any of the above, do seek support! You are not alone and we are here to help, click here to get in touch.