The Domestic Abuse Coordinated Community Response (DACCR) is a client-led model developed by Rotherham Rise that aims to:
- Provide holistic and trauma-informed support to aid recovery with a whole-family approach.
- Empower those affected by Domestic Abuse through choice, education and safety.
- Focus on prevention through community and digital engagement activities and partnerships.
- Utilise all networks to support people through collaboration.
DACCR is supported through extensive services, web-based support, web-bot service, digital resources, contact points and a telephone helpline.
- Recovery work builds confidence/independence and networks build resilience and prevent retargeting by abusers.
- Tailored 1-to-1 and group work
- Engagement with schools/college/community to help CYP recover form DA.
- Hygge; our community café/shop/hub
- Engagement Workers to drive forward our community response.
- Digital resources; educational and awareness raising of forms of abuse
- Recovery work builds confidence/independence and networks build resilience to prevent retargeting by abusers.
Triaged interlinked series of pathways that link risk/needs assessment, leading to individual support. This is aided by the following:
- Referrals screened for risk/complex trauma.
- Assessments identify needs/risks and complex trauma – informing safety/safeguarding planning.
- Referral to relevant services and representation at MARAC.
We respond to the needs of both adults/children, understanding children have their own agency, their voices heard/needs addressed.
- Identify whole family/children’s needs e.g., safer child contact/CYP abuse to parent.
- Extended CYP DA Service through existing externally funded providing a range of support to individual children and their parents.
- Facilitate Up2U Youth programme: addresses the needs of under 18-year-olds. Evidence-based/recognises impact of DA on emotional regulation, and relationship patterns.
- Psychoeducation to understand DA and the impact of trauma
- Parenting/family support activities
For Children & Young People:
- Up2U Youth
- Play/positive activities
- Drawing/talking therapies
- Specific voice/influence work
- Up and Rise; a rolling modular strengths-based programme, designed specifically for clients to enhance key life skills, daily living skills and confidence/self-esteem.
- My Choice; exploring unhealthy behaviours in relationships.
- Strategies to support emotional regulation/recovery.
- Trauma stabilisation groups.
- Positive activities that build self-esteem/confidence and resilience.
- Community and social engagement.
Responding to Need
Responding to a client’s needs at the first point of contact (all risk levels):
- Conducting assessments & safety planning
- Engaging with key partners for enhanced security, where needed (e.g. fire safety, child protection and housing).
- Trained and experienced staff with knowledge and skills will help to break down language/cultural barriers and promote trust and positive outcomes.
Connecting to Clients
Connecting with Clients with ongoing support, adjusted if changes to risk occurs.
- Reviewing Safety Plan with the client.
- Supporting clients to stay in their own homes or support access to refuge, where needed.
- Working in partnership with key agencies and community-based services to protect and inform clients of other types of support.
- Delivering support as per each client’s needs, using preventive/early intervention measures to reduce escalation.
- Continuity of care; Case Workers remain the same if risk changes.
Offering tailored programmes of support to aid recovery.
- Psychoeducational/Therapeutic/Awareness Raising
- Self-care/self-help/coping skills
- Up2U better relationships/Youth/Family – an assessment-led intervention programme responding to individual needs and risk.
- My Choice; exploring unhealthy behaviours in relationships
- Trauma resilience and stabilisation classes provide clients with information of how traumatic experiences can have an impact and effect their minds, body and life.
- Trauma resilience/stabilisation provides clients with information on how traumatic experiences can have an impact and affect their minds, body and life.