You might be aware we have run a successful trial of WebChat via our website to allow people in need to contact us via a more silent means, being cooped up in the house with possibly an aggressor might mean you do not feel able to call our Confidential Advice Line.
At Rotherham Rise, we are determined to make sure no one slips through the net because of COVID-19. We know with data from China, France and Italy that due there has been a rise in domestic abuse incidents. Also, some early signs show that in the UK it is a similar picture.
We, therefore, are pleased to announce that our WebChat service is extended: from Monday to Saturday you can access our webchat on https://rotherhamrise.org.uk/
- Mon, Tue, Wed: 9.00am till 12.00pm & 7.00pm till 9.00pm
- Thu – Fri: 9.00am till 12.00pm
- Sat:12.00pm till 2.00pm
We are supporting women, men and children affected by domestic abuse and child sexual exploitation.
Important to remember:
- you are NOT alone
- there is support out there; from ourselves; police, the council – everyone wants to reassure you that just because of social distancing, shops closing and the different way of life we all are experiencing – there is still and will continue to be support.
- You deserve support; people genuinely care.
- There is no reason for you to put up with a life of violence, fear, sexual, financial or physical abuse; life can be different – even now. Don’t let social distancing stop you from reaching out.
With the help of the Rotherham Safer Partnership, we have been able to extend our hours and WebChat support.